Monday, 13 June 2016

How to De-stress: Relaxation Tips

I'm someone who cannot handle stress well, and during hectic moments, I can feel myself slowly going crazy. I dread exam time, when all my final projects are due, and I have a number of subjects to study. I'm noticeably more irritable, and in an overall down mood. I thought that summer break would be the time for me to relax, but I've been kind of over working myself with new projects that I can't seem to find a break. As excited as I am for these upcoming ideas, I'm still taking on a lot and find myself stressing out. I decided to share some of my favourite ways to de-stress and relax, just in case you're anything like me and find it hard to unwind during chaotic times!



My friend bought me a beautiful colouring book for my birthday, and it's something I immediately grab when I'm feeling overwhelmed. The theme is Paris and it has some beautiful sketches. It's so nice to just grab some tea, and colour. It's perfect for when you're mind becomes cluttered and you don't want to think about anything for a while.







Meditation might sound a bit weird to some people, but it's something I have done for years. I wish I was mindful enough to meditate on my own, but there are so many great guided meditations on YouTube that you can find to fit your certain needs. There's no specific channel I like watching, but you can easily find what you need by searching "guided meditations for ____".

Pampering myself is one of my favourite things to do when I'm feeling stressed. Having a bath and using some of your favourite products is a perfect way to relaxed and comfortable. Some of my favourite things to use on pamper evenings include the Dermalogica Daily MicrofoliantL'Occitane shower oil (which I have conveniently emptied), L'Occitane Supple Skin oil, and the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. If you're extra cautious, I like to bring my Kindle or iPad into the bath with me to keep me entertained.




I did a whole blog post on how a cluttered space = a cluttered mind that you can read here. This might not be for everyone, but I find myself able to de-stress by just tidying up my work area. It gives you a break from what you're doing, and you'll be able to concentrate better when you're not distracted by your surroundings.

I love napping. Whenever I'm feeling extra stressed or anxious, I like to have a little sleep. I always wake up feeling refreshed. At the end of every semester, when I'm typing up final projects and studying for exams, I find it so hard to concentrate when I'm overwhelmed. When I remember that frantically studying when my mind is not clear won't help at all, I take a nap to regain my sense of calm, and start fresh when I wake up. I like to use thisworks deep-sleep pillow spray for a more relaxing sleep.




These are some of my favourite ways to relax when I'm feeling extra stressed out. Stress makes it difficult for me to control my emotions, so taking the time to step back and take care of myself is really important. What are some ways you like to de-stress?





6 comments:

  1. Amazing tips hunny! Couldn't agree more xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, Megan! I've never tried a pillow spray before, but think I might soon. I've heard such great things xx

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow spray is a great product suggestion for those looking to relax - I used to use a lavender spray on my pillow at night by This Works that really helped before stressful days :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skeptical at first, but love it!

      Delete