Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Do not judge my story by the chapter you walked in on

I love Pinterest. I'm not as obsessed as I used to be, but I love looking through pins to find inspiration for blog posts and other projects. While browsing through some of my old boards, I found a lot of quotes that I saved with great meaning behind them. I thought it'd be fun to pick out some of those quotes and elaborate on them and give my thoughts.

"Do not judge my story by the chapter you walked in on" - Unknown




There have been a number of people in my life who I thought were such a vital part of me. There are people who I thought I couldn't live without. A lot of these people are not in my life right now for good reason. There are also people who I have met in a certain point in my life, that knew me for who I was then, which is a completely different person to who I am now.

Unless I talk to you on an everyday basis, you don't know who I am. What you have heard of me, and what you perceive during quick encounters, is not me. If you used to know me on a very personal level in the past, you don't anymore. Who I was years, even months ago is not who I am today. We all learn from experiences, and are constantly changing with our environment and company. Just because you were once a huge part of my life, does not mean you know my whole story.

Judging somebody on their past, or even on a specific moment in their life is not right. Decisions that were made during previous years- things that we cannot change, are things that should not matter while making your judgement of people.

Nobody is perfect, and life is a learning experience. Don't judge others by the stories you have heard, or the little you've known of them.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Amen. AMEN!!! I am fist pumping in the air and want to scream this from the rooftops. One of my Dad's best bits of advice to me when I was younger was the "one more fact rule". It basically says that all you need in every situation in life is one more fact and the picture becomes clearer. I think I'm explaining this badly but for example. The person at work who is really short with you and you go home and moan about them to your family, well with one more fact you would know that that perhaps that person's home got repossessed, or their dog died etc. Like you never know the whole picture and should always think to yourself before moaning or judging someone, one more fact about this person could totally change my opinion on them/this situation.

    And dear god I've gone off on a tangent here but basically, I love this post and I completely relate to it. ROCK ON.

    Katie xx ¦ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such amazing words! I'm happy you enjoyed reading :)

      Delete