Monday, 2 May 2016

Tranqool

If you're reading my blog, it's probably because you suffer from some sort of mental illness. If this is the case, I have some very exciting news. I've recently come across a website called TranQool, and they are doing a great thing for people who suffer with mental health in Ontario. TranQool is helping those who need the opportunity to easily receive Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for a variety of different reasons. If you know me, or have read my blog for a while, you know that I recommend CBT to anyone who can get it. It's what helped me the most when I was having a tough time with my anxiety and depression, and I think it's such a life changing experience.

cog·ni·tive ther·a·py
noun
noun: cognitive behavioral therapy
  1. a type of psychotherapy in which negative patterns of thought about the self and the world are challenged in order to alter unwanted behaviour patterns or treat mood disorders such as depression.


What's so great about TranQool is the accessibility. One of the things I worried about most is scheduling appointments when I had school and work. I thought it'd be crazy trying to fit regular appointments in my schedule when I had so much else to do. TranQool wants to help you find a therapist who fits your specific needs, and schedule convenient appointments via video chat! This way, you can have your therapy sessions in the comfort of your own home, which is actually really nice. Of course there's the option of no video if that makes your more comfortable, but I think having visual communication helps. Again, you are not obligated to.

The therapists are all high quality, registered, and experienced in CBT. There's a variety of issues they can help you on.

  • Social Anxiety and Low Self Esteem
  • Relationship and Family Issues
  • Stress and Work-Related Problems
  • Sleep and Eating Disorders
  • Concentration Problems
  • Anxiety and Depression


Making an account is incredibly easy (I have one myself!) Here's a list just to give you an idea on how TranQool works:

  1. Sign up for Free - All you really need is your email and password to sign up. .
  2. Become familiar with your dashboard - You get your own personal dashboard where you can browse therapists, and update your profile. There will soon be a Daily Emotional Tracker which you pretty much just track your emotions, anxieties, stressors, all that fun stuff. I personally find tracking my mood very important, so I know what triggers my anxiety, and what I can do to prevent it. 
  3. Find the right therapist - You can set your preferences, and what specific issues you have, before being matched with a therapist. This way, you're talking to someone who is educated on the specific subject and able to help you. You'll always have the option to browse therapists in TranQool's directory.
  4. Talk to your therapist - Make your appointment and speak with your therapist anywhere with access to internet.
  5. Apply your CBT learnings and witness your progress - I love this. When I was doing CBT, I had so many little assignments to do that really helped me understand what was going on in my mind. You can do all of this from your personal dashboard. 

I know, it sounds too good to be true. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from your own home, with a therapist who can help you with your mental struggles. I absolutely love this idea, and I'm so excited for my first session. If you have any questions, or just want more information, you can find it here at TranQool's website. They also have a blog where they talk all things mental health.

I have a link to a short survey you can complete about therapy. At the end of the survey, you'll get a little discount code to you can use toward your first therapy session with TranQool. Click here for the survey.

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy was the best decision I have ever made, so I wanted to share this with great company with you, knowing most of my readers suffer with mental health issues. Having a professional outlook on my anxiety was extremely helpful. The advice a therapist can give you is amazing, and you have the ability to learn so many great coping techniques. I couldn't recommend it enough. 









6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really amazing idea, and if it does well hopefully similar projects will become common around the world. CBT is great but leaving home to go and see a consultant can be exhausting and sometimes make matters worse, so being able to talk to someone from home is brilliant. Fingers crossed that we get something smilar in the UK soon!

    wardrobespareoom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great, especially for those who suffer from severe anxiety/depression and find it hard to leave their homes! Who knows, maybe this will blow up to be world wide :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely interesting post, truly useful, I love to read it, thank you for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.modelonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so wonderful how you share these things with your readers. You've created such an amazing community on here, definitely keep at it! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such an amazing idea! So forward thinking and helpful. Especially as I think mental health support is seriously lacking. What an incredible discovery! I also swear by how incredibly helpful CBT is, I had it during my late teens and the way of thinking really helped me understand why I was thinking the way I was and how to stop doing so!

    Katie. xx La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete